The fastest way to retrieve all active run modes that are enabled within a running AEM instance would be from the OSGI console, Apache Sling Settings.
Follow the two simple steps below:
- Log in to AEM as an admin or a user who has access to the OSGI console using this URL: http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp
Navigate to the Apache Sling Settings OSGI console page http://localhost:4502/system/console/status-slingsettings
Expected screen from visiting http://localhost:4502/system/console/status-slingsettings
The active AEM run modes here are: “local-local”, “s7connect”, “crx3”, “author”, “samplecontent”, “local”, “crx3tar:
- Sling ID: A unique identifier of the running Sling instance. This value is created when Sling is first started and may be used to identify the instance, for example if multiple Sling instances are running on top of a Jackrabbit Repository Cluster.
- Sling Home: The absolute filesystem path to the directory where Sling stores all its content.
- Sling Home URL: The Sling Home path as an java.net.URL instance.
- Run Modes: The active Run Modes of the running Sling instance.